Many people who come to a business like ours to get their auto glass repaired or replaced due so due to their vehicle being vandalized.
We’ve put together a checklist of things of what you can do if this unfortunate act ever befalls you.
1. Contact your local law enforcement agency
2. Contact Auto Glass Maxx to get your glass repaired or replace
3. Contact your insurance company
4. Contact your bank and cancel your cards if your wallet has been stolen
5. Change your locks if your keys were stolen
6. Contact your service provider if your cell phone was stolen
7. Create a fraud report with all three credit agencies especially if your cards were stolen.
Experian: 1-888-EXPERIAN (397-3742)
Be sure to keep all valuables out of plain sight. Don’t leave anything of great importance inside your vehicle when you’re away for any period of time.
Also, consider the following vandalism safety tips:
• Make a copy of your driver’s license, bank and credit card(s), passport or any form of identification to keep in a safe place at home
• Create a list of the items generally carried in your wallet or purse
• Park in well-lit areas
• Always lock your car doors
• Use common sense and listen to your gut
Contact your local law enforcement agency for additional vandalism safety tips